Tracee E. Davis, Partner
Tracee is a Partner in ZEK’s litigation group where she specializes in representing clients in a wide variety of complex business and commercial matters, including financial services litigation, class action litigation, complex real estate, and business divorce litigation.
Among her notable accomplishments as a litigator at ZEK, Tracee has:
- Successfully defended numerous financial institutions, winning dismissal of a complex letter of credit action and a variety of consumer financing class actions alleging FDCPA, FCRA, TILA, RESPA and New York GBL fraud violations brought in New YorkState and Federal Courts.
- Successfully defended a prominent real estate brokerage client, winning summary judgment dismissal of claims involving commercial tort, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract claims brought in New York State Court, Commercial Division.
- Successfully represented a former condominium complex developer/owner, winning summary judgment dismissal of a complex action brought by the condominium association to recover for outstanding tax certificates.
- Successfully represented the New York State Liquidation Bureau in recovery of damages against a large insurance claims adjuster for mismanagement of insurance claim and breach of contract.
- Successfully represented LLC members and partners in litigation and arbitration of matters involving separation and dissolution of business, including winning sanctions in the form of attorneys’ fees.
- Represented a leading ATM service provider in commencing a derivative action in seeking the dissolution of a long-standing business relationship.
- Successfully defended financial institutions in Surrogate’s Court in a variety of consumer banking and guardianship matters.
As an effective business litigator with a unique and highly specialized knowledge of the judicial process, Tracee acts as a consultant to local and out of state attorneys actively engaged in litigation in New York State Courts.
Prior to joining ZEK, Tracee was Principal Court Attorney to Justice Charles Edward Ramos of the New York State Supreme Court, Commercial Division in Manhattan. During her five years as Principal Court Attorney, she assisted in managing the disposition of more than 400 complex commercial cases. She also was an Adjunct Professor of Law at New York Law School. Before that, Tracee served as a Senior Court Attorney in the Law Department of the New York State Supreme Court, Civil Term in New York County.
Elected by fellow members of the commercial bar, Tracee served as Chair of the highly-distinguished 2,300 lawyer Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association. Thereafter, Tracee was appointed by Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman to serve as a member of the statewide Commercial Division Advisory Council. As part of her service on the Council, Tracee was one of the principal architects of the new accelerated adjudication procedures and adoption of proportionality in discovery in the New York State Supreme Court Commercial Division rules. Tracee also served as a member of the Chief Judge’s Task Force on Commercial Litigation in the 21st Century.
Based upon her tested leadership skills, Tracee was twice selected to act as Panel Administrator of the New York County Democratic Committee’s Independent Judicial Screening Panel (Civil Court 2004 and Supreme Court 2013) in reviewing candidates for countywide judicial vacancies.
Tracee is a frequent speaker on topics involving commercial litigation. She was invited to lecture before the New York Commercial Division Justices at The Institute on Complex Commercial Litigation for New York State. She was also invited to lecture on class actions before the Appellate Division Justices of New York State Courts at the Third Annual Joint Seminar for Appellate Division Justices.
Tracee also was selected as one of the five-member American Bar Association delegation of U.S. judges and lawyers who presented lectures to Cambodian judges at the Royal Academy of Judicial Professionals in Cambodia on the importance of specialized commercial courts and court-annexed mediation.
In her spare time, Tracee is an avid runner and outdoor adventurer.