ZEK’s FinTech practice group is a cross-disciplinary group of core financial services lawyers from the firm’s financial regulatory, corporate governance, technology and transactional practices, financial privacy practices and financial services litigation practice, enabling us to provide a comprehensive service offering to clients using technology to facilitate the provision of financial services.
The FinTech practice draws upon ZEK’s decades of experience representing financial institutions and technology companies in financial regulatory, cybersecurity, privacy, corporate transactions, intellectual property and tech transactions to help clients invest in, fund, develop and market the innovative services and products that are revolutionizing the financial services and technology industries.
ZEK’s exceptional legal team includes highly experienced deal lawyers, subject matter consultants and financial institution in-house counsel who possess extensive technical sophistication and a deep understanding of the FinTech industry.
Our FinTech practice provides strategic, transactional and regulatory advice to a wide array of both established and emerging participants in the FinTech space, including:
- Banking organizations, both established and neobanks
- Marketplace lending/trading platforms
- Exchanges and alternative trading systems
- Payments companies and systems
- Virtual currency and blockchain companies and products
- Card issuers
- Information and deal portals
- Data analytics companies
- Financial market utilities and service providers
ZEK’s capabilities and experience include:
- Counseling start-up and mature FinTech companies and financial institutions on regulatory, licensing, corporate structure and compliance issues, including with respect to:
- Bank chartering and federal preemption issues
- Electronic Funds Transfer issues
- U.C.C. Articles 4,4A, 5, and 8 issues
- Issues arising from GLBA and CFPB
- Responding to inquiries from the OCC, the CFPB, the NYDFS, and the NYFRB
- Bitcoin and blockchain issues
- Anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance
- Litigation involving online debt trading companies
- Loan enforcement and subpoena response services
- Financial services litigation
- Advising companies, underwriters, lenders and investors on the full lifecycle of financings and exit strategies, including:
- Seed, venture capital and private equity investments
- Private round, IPO and follow-on offerings
- Acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures
- Advising clients on key collaboration, commercial and other strategic agreements, including with respect to the acquisition, development and exploitation of IP and technology.
Our seasoned lawyers across multiple disciplines, combined with the firm’s reach across the U.S. and Israel, allows our clients to develop and implement their vision and business plan both in the United States and abroad, as well as structure, negotiate and successfully close complex transactions, commercial collaborations and financings – and to do so seamlessly in a rapidly evolving legal and regulatory environment.